Oh, I got my favorite email of the summer yesterday telling me that football is right around the corner. I know I may have admitted to loving lacrosse more than football but then football came back into my life. Oh football, I am so sorry for ever doubting you! Forgive me? Now that that is off my chest I guess I had better move on to my Thursday Ten.
1. In the “Things You Can’t Believe Came Out of Your Mouth” category I have this lovely image: “Monkey, PLEASE stop chewing on the carpet.” “But I’m a hungry piranha Momma!” sigh….
2. Speaking of Monkey Boy, project “Ride a Two-wheeler” has been put on hold to accomplish learning to tie his new big boy shoes. Yeah Monkey!! I will also take this moment to brag that he learned – the first try!! Oh the places he will go with that newfound skill. *snort*
3. I had the shocking discovery the other day that my 10 y/o was wearing my socks….. AND they fit! He was also kind enough to inform me that his month old shoes were now too small. Can someone please inform him he cannot grow this fast. Anyone… anyone??
4. I finished Linger by Maggie Stiegvater and really enjoyed it. It’s a great fast summer read. Yesterday I started The Help and have not been able to put it down. Guess my boys will be neglected for the next 444 pages – sorry boys!
5. I had a blast on my road trip with my brother. I can’t believe we have never done something like that before. Sadly, with both of our schedules and such I don’t think we will probably be able to do it again.
6. This song, Animal by Neon Trees, is another one of my new summer favorites. Plus they have a GIRL drummer who is uber cute so I love them even more! Another bonus is my boys love this song too. Good thing because I play it quite often!
7. Just got an email with an amazing possibility. I am keeping my fingers crossed it come through but trying to not get to excited by the possibility. If it does you will hear me squeal around the world!
8. I have begun tackling cleaning out the cabinets. Even though we have only been in our house for a year I feel like the clutter is already starting. I also know someone may have unpacked and thrown things in random places just to try and get rid of some of the boxes. So now I am trying to clean up their mess. *ahem*
9. Only two more weeks of my photography class. I have to say I am really loving it. My goal now is to save up enough pennies for a 50 mm lens. Now, if my 50 mm lens came in this epiphany bag?? Oh lawd have mercy on my soul – I just may pass out or go screaming naked down the street. Hopefully I pass out before taking on that second one. No one wants to see that I promise you!
10. I need to make sure I share this, so that if something happens, it is ALL documented. Monkey Boy has this Star Wars action figure that keeps turning up WHEREVER I am . I think he is stalking me. So if you read about a poor little lassie who was attacked by a Luke Skywalker figurine you will know who it is. He is watching me right now…. guess I had better wrap this up.
Don’t forget to head over to This Mom’s Wired for the original Thursday Ten! I heard she’s baking cookies… yum!