1. Today I had to go back to work after having the summer off. I am not happy. Did I mention my summer to-do list is no where near completion. Guess I technically have one more week till Labor Day so I had better get a move on!
2. Because I had to go back to work today I also had to set my alarm clock for the first time all summer. Obviously my technical skills took a little vacation because somehow I accidentally set my clock an hour ahead while trying to set the alarm. Did I mention it woke Hubby up too? Yeah, he wasn’t so happy.
3. This past weekend the brood headed downtown to the Chicago Air Show. While the boys and I enjoyed watched the show, poor Hubby spent two hours trying to find parking. Again, Hubby was not too happy.
4. Speaking of Hubby, he only got the outlining of his tattoo done last Thursday. Can you believe it took over 2 1/2 hours to get that much done? He goes back in a few weeks to get all the color added. It looks super cool and I am a bit partial to him keeping it just black. It has been super itchy the past few days so…. yep you guessed it, Hubby has not been too happy.
5. On the happy front, I did get to see my uber fantastic friend Sarah – In Real Life this weekend. And of course, she was cuter then ever! We didn’t get to spend nearly enough time together so I am in the process of trying to convince her to move here. I think I have her sold. Now I just have to convince her Hubby!
6. On another happy front, Hubby and I have officially been in our new house one year. Does that make it still new? Does it count that there are still boxes that have not been unpacked??
7. I have cast The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo to the side and have begun reading a new book. My friend Rachel recommended The Power of a Positive Mom. I am hoping it will help me tackle all the bickering my boys do with a bit more grace. Heck, I would take handling day to day life with a bit less yelling.
8. The boys had their first rounds of football scrimmages this past weekend. This weekend we have three games and a pep rally between the two of them. Man I love football!
9. Only two more weeks till Ohio States opening game against Marshall! (16 days actually but who is counting) Go Buckeyes!!
10. Since yesterday was my official last day of summer, Monkey Boy and I spent the day tooling around together. Bear was at his cousin’s all day, so we had some great Mommy and son time. Could you honestly resist this smile? Yeah, me neither.