Thursday, Thursday, Thursday. Oh, how I love thee Thursday. Why you ask? Because I get to write my Thursday Ten! The ten random things that happened this past week or just random thoughts that are floating around in my noggin.
1. I had talked about the delicious vegan pizza, aka ”Vegan Delight“, that Hubby and I make in my post on Monday. Well, we made it again on Wednesday. It was even more delicious than before. Feast your eyes on this yumminess!
2. Today is also the first time the sun has been out in days. Guess this lassie will be packing up the boys and heading to the pool. Vitamin D here I come!
3. Our missionary friends from Operation Mobilization came to stay with us a few days this week. They too live in the land of boys, with three young lads. We had a great time. Oh, and the boys did too! But how can you go wrong with Legos, trains and a trip to the aquarium?
4. I am starting a photography class this week that I have been dying to take. I just got my assignments and book and can’t wait to dive in. be on the lookout for uber fabulous photos! Ok, maybe not. But I am hoping that they are at least an improvement from what I am taking now. I am also hoping it will getting me taking more pictures on a regular basis. Someday I will finish a project 365!
5. Looking for a hilarious, laugh out loud summer read? And by ‘laugh out loud‘ I mean snorting and guffawing so if you are reading in public other people give you those sideways funny looks. Then I suggest “Are You There Vodka? It’s Me Chelsea“. I will warn that Chelsea Handler’s writing is a bit risque and vulgar but if you don’t mind a F-bomb here or there it is SO worth reading. Nexy on my list, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.
6. Yesterday was Hubby’s birthday. Happy birthday! This year I decided to get him something different for his birthday – a new ring. We have worn matching rings on our right ring fingers since we were dating. In our almost 13 years together we have gone through (broken) three. Fear no more! The incredibly talented and gorgeous Lisa from Studio Jewelry made him one similar to this with an inscription on the inside. Hubby LOVED it!!! So in turn, my crush on Lisa continues. Check out her blog for all her latest creations and adventures.
7. I am also happy to say that Hubby’s present made up for the horrifically crappy Father’s Day he had. (Yeah me) The thought that both his daughters forgot to do or say anything to him on Father’s Day still blows my mind. They are SO great like that. Luckily I believe in Karma and she tends to be…. well, you know her temperment!
8. My dreams to be reincarnated as a dog or cat have once again been confirmed. Can you believe this chihuahua recently inherited 8.3 million dollars? I wonder if she would be willing to move to Chicago? I promise to take really good care of her!
9. I have finally, ok maybe only somewhat, gotten over the shock of watching my 5 year old almost drown last week. It did take me over a week to finally go back to the pool. Thankfully Mother Nature provided some of her own intervention. I also opted for a lifejacket once the pool got really crowded but that only brought my anxiety level down to about a level 3.
10. Looking for a cute online game for your kiddos? My boys’ new obsession is Polar Bear Bowling. They like to play together and can do so without fighting (added bonus). Throw in the fact that my 10 y/o is OBSESSED with polar bears and it’s a win/ win.